Bee Montessori Niagara (BMN) is seeking dedicated, qualified Montessori teachers, registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE) or student interns to join our school community.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong ability to be both independent and a collaborative team member
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication
- Experience working in a Montessori environment (preferred)
- An understanding of the Montessori pedagogy
- Observes and guides children while they complete purposeful, meaningful work in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Plans and implements a stimulating, engaging and age- appropriate Montessori learning experience for children ages 12 months to 6 years.
- Supports the healthy development of the child (physically, emotionally, socially etc.)
- Observes, records and reports (if necessary) relevant information about student progress
- Maintains a beautifully prepared classroom environment.
- Uses a positive and effective approach to behaviour management that aligns with Bee Montessori’s philosophy and values.
- Models desired behaviours.
- Demonstrates professionalism, confidentiality and courtesy at all times when communicating with students, families and colleagues.
- Complies with Ministry requirements (including completing mandatory log information – ie. sleep logs, toileting logs).
- Creates individualized lesson plans and performs record keeping.
- Participates in school events such as: open houses, concerts, parent conferences
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience:
- minimum of two years of experience working with children ages 0 – 6 years (preferably in a Montessori environment)
- Maintain an engaging and stimulating environment that promotes the healthy development of the child
- Accredited Montessori Teaching Diploma (AMI/ MACTE) or R.E.C.E
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
- Valid First Aid and CPR - Level C
- Must have excellent written and spoken English
- Physical Conditions and Capacities:
- Bend, kneel and sit on the floor
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Start Date: Currently Hiring
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: Daytime hours, Monday to Friday
Salary: Competitive; based on experience and credentials
Thank you for your interest in our school community. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please visit our Contact Page to express your interest in applying.